G Suite Services may be subject to Service Specific Terms that can be found at https://gsuite.google.com/intl/en/terms/service-terms/.
G Suite Services:
Core Services for G Suite (“Core Services”)
- "Gmail" is a web-based e-mail service that allows an organization to run its e-mail system using Google’s systems. It provides the capability to access an End User's inbox from a supported web browser, read mail, compose, reply to, and forward mail, search mail, and manage mail through labels. It provides filtering for spam and viruses, and allows Administrators to create rules for handling messages containing specific content and file attachments or routing messages to other mail servers. Rules can be set up by group or the Customer (all domains).
- "Google+" is a web-based service that allows End Users to share links, videos, pictures, collections, and other content with others within the same G Suite domain, and to view and interact with content shared with them by others within that same domain. End Users can also create and join communities to have conversations with others within the same domain who share their interests. If Google+ is used to share content or interact with others outside the End User’s G Suite domain, Google+ will not be included in the Core Services to the extent of such use.*
- "Google Calendar" is a web-based service for managing personal, corporate/organizational, and team calendars. It provides an interface for End Users to view their calendars, schedule meetings with other End Users, see availability information for other End Users, and schedule rooms and resources.
- "Google Cloud Search" is a web-based service that provides End Users with search and assist capabilities for content within G Suite Core Services. Google Cloud Search also provides End Users with useful and actionable information and recommendations.
- "Google Contacts" is a web-based service that allows End Users to import, store, and view contact information, and create personal groups of contacts that can be used to email many people at once.
- "Google Docs","Google Sheets","Google Slides","Google Forms" are web-based services that enable End Users to create, edit, share, collaborate, draw, export, and embed content on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- "Google Drive" provides web-based tools enabling End Users to store, transfer, and share files, and view videos.
- "Google Groups for Business" is a web-based service that allows End Users and website owners to create and manage collaborative groups. End Users can have email discussions and share documents, calendars, sites, and folders with the members of a group. They also have the ability to view and search group discussion archives. Google Groups for Business is not available for Customers of G Suite (Free).
- "Google Hangouts," "Hangouts Chat," "Hangouts Meet," and "Google Talk," are web-based services that allow for real time communication between End Users. Google Hangouts provides one-to-one and group conversations via chat messaging, and voice, as well as lightweight video meetings. Hangouts Chat provides an enhanced chat messaging and group collaboration platform that allows content integrations with select third-party services. Hangouts Meet provides enhanced large-capacity video meetings. G Suite Enterprise Customers may enable meeting recordings and phone dial-in participation for Hangouts Meet (carrier fees may apply). Hangouts Meet recording usage is limited to 80 hours retained per user averaged across all in-domain users with G Suite Enterprise licenses. G Suite Domain Administrators can choose which services are enabled for the domain, except Google Talk which is offered under separate agreement only. Calling in Google Hangouts and Hangouts Meet is provided by Google Dialer Inc.; emergency calling is not supported.
- "Google Jamboard" is a web-based service that allows End Users to create, edit, share, collaborate, draw, export, and embed content within a document.
- "Google Keep" is a web-based service that enables End Users to create, edit, share, and collaborate on notes, lists, and drawings.
- "Google Sites" allows an End User to create websites on the G Suite Basic domain to publish internally within a company or publish externally. An End User can create a site through a web-based tool, and then can share the site with a group of other End Users or publish the site to the entire company or the world (if permitted by the Administrator). The site owner can choose who can edit a site and who can view the site.
- "Google Tasks" is a web-based service that enables End Users to create, edit and manage their tasks.
- "Google Vault" is a web-based service that provides search and export capabilities for Google Drive and Gmail. For Gmail, Google Vault provides Customers with the ability to search across the entire domain, to archive data and create retention and disposition rules based on content, and eDiscovery capabilities which allow a Customer to create matters and preserve this data for legal hold purposes. Customers must continue to use/purchase Google Vault for Google to retain archived data. If Gmail is enabled for a user account, that user’s on the record Google Talk conversations and Google Hangouts chat history can be searched, exported, retained, and preserved.
- Administrative features enable G Suite Administrators to create and manage users and devices in the domain, and manage Google services settings.
- Search and intelligence features enable enhanced search and retrieval across all services, providing cross-product content search and automatic categorization of content for use in active services.
Other Services for G Suite (“Other Services”) (Other Services are not Audited Services)
- "Google Cloud Print" is a web-based service that allows End Users to print to a cloud-connected printer.
G Suite Editions:
G Suite Basic (prior editions: Google Apps for Work / Google Apps for Business / Google Apps Premier Edition, Google Apps for Government, Google Apps (Free) / Google Apps Standard Edition)
- "G Suite Basic" is an edition of G Suite comprised of the G Suite Services, excluding Google Vault, which is available at an additional cost, and Google Cloud Search.
G Suite Business (prior editions: Google Apps for Work Unlimited)
- "G Suite Business" is an edition of G Suite comprised of all the G Suite Services. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Google Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Google Drive storage for each End User.
G Suite Business (Team Managed) (prior editions: Google Apps for Work Unlimited (Team Managed))
- "G Suite (Team Managed)" is an edition of G Suite offered under the G Suite Team Managed Agreement (prior version: Google Apps for Work Team Managed Agreement) which is comprised of Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Contacts, and Google+. Other G Suite Core Services are not available for team-managed accounts. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Google Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Google Drive storage for each End User.
G Suite Enterprise
- "G Suite Enterprise" is an edition of G Suite comprised of all the G Suite Services. G Suite Enterprise also includes data loss prevention functionality for Gmail and Google Drive and enhanced security and control features for Administrators. G Suite Enterprise will also allow for additional Gmail integration with other Google products, certain third-party archiving tools, and third-party OAuth applications. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Google Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Google Drive storage for each End User.
G Suite for Education Editions (prior edition: Google Apps for Education)
- "G Suite for Education" is a free edition of G Suite comprised of the G Suite Services, excluding Google+ and Google Cloud Search. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Google Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Google Drive storage for each End User. This edition also includes Classroom and Chrome Sync as G Suite Core Services.
- "Classroom" is a web-based service that allows End Users to create and participate in classroom groups. Using Classroom, students can view assignments, submit homework, and receive grades from teachers.
- "Chrome Sync" is a feature that allows End Users to synchronize bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings across all the devices where they are signed in to Chrome.
- “G Suite Enterprise for Education” is a paid edition of G Suite comprised of services within the G Suite for Education edition and includes additional features such as advanced controls, enhanced analytics and search, and enterprise-grade communication tools.
G Suite Archived User
- "G Suite Business - Archived User" is an edition of G Suite comprised of limited G Suite Services that allow an organization to maintain End User Accounts for former or inactive End Users for Customer’s data retention purposes and includes Google Vault. Customers will receive 1TB of Google Drive storage for each Archived End User Account.
- "G Suite Enterprise - Archived User" is an edition of G Suite comprised of services within the G Suite Business - Archived User edition, and includes additional DLP functionality for Google Drive.
Add-On services (Add-On services are not G Suite Services):
- "Google Managed Play" is a platform provided by Google for Customer to use to manage Android devices provided or identified by the Customer that are used by its End Users. Customer can use Google Managed Play to provision applications on such devices from the managed Play Store. Use of Google Managed Play is subject to the terms at www.android.com/enterprise/terms.