New? Start here
- Schedule events
- Add reminders
- Share and view calendars
- Create a team calendar
- Customize your calendars
Does Calendar have event
Yes, Calendar has event notifications and personal reminders. You can set up an email notification for an event or create a reminder to send you a notification. To add event notifications and personal reminders, see Get started with Calendar.
Can I invite
people from outside of my organization?
Yes, you can send meeting invitations to any email address.
- How do I know who accepted my invitation?
How do I organize
an event with a lot of guests?
If your event has a large guest list, you can invite the attendees through Google Groups. Groups lets you invite up to 100,000 people for an event. If you invite a group to an event, new group members will be automatically invited when they join, and members who leave the group will be removed. You can see individual responses for large guests lists by exporting the guest list to Google Sheets on the web.
Visit the G Suite Help Center for more information about guest limits for invitations.
How do I change
my calendar’s density and color set?
- In Calendar, click Settings settings > Density and color.
- Click Information density > Compact or Responsive to your screen.
- Click Color set > Modern or Classic.
- Click .
do I RSVP, change my response, add a note, or propose a new meeting time?
- In Calendar, open an event and in the Going? section, select your response. You can change your response at any time by opening the event and selecting a different response.
- To add a note or propose a new meeting time, in the Going?
section, next to Maybe, click the Down arrow keyboard_arrow_down and choose an option:
- To add a note with your RSVP, click Add note. Enter a message and click Send.
- To propose a new meeting time, click Propose a new time. Select a different date or time and if you need to, enter a message. Click Send proposal.
How can I quickly change
an event’s color?
- In Calendar, right-click an event.
- Select a different color.
Note: If you change the color of an event, the original color is represented as a vertical line on the left side of the event.
How do I find and restore
- In Calendar, click Settings settings > Trash.
- Hover over the event you want to change and choose an option:
- To restore the deleted event, check the box next to the event and click Restore undo.
- To permanently delete the event, check the box next to the event and click Delete delete.
- (Optional) To delete all events in your trash, at the top right, click Empty trash.
Note: Deleted events remain in a calendar's trash for approximately 30 days.
Why can’t I change
an event time or its duration?
If the event organizer hasn’t given you permission to modify an event, you can't make changes to the event time or its duration.