Write your scientific manuscript without leaving Google Docs.
(See below for info on permissions) Articul8 integrates into Google Docs to quickly insert, auto-number and format figures, tables and equations; cross-reference numbered items with clickable links; auto-number headings; edit high-quality LaTeX equations inline or with a graphical editor; and export your document as Markdown, TeX or use LaTeX to typeset it into a beautiful PDF.
✉ Please send me feedback! ✉
I'm an independent developer, and I have been working on this project over weekends and holidays for a long time now. I am eager to hear how it's working out for you! Whatever it is - praises, queries, feature requests or problem reports, please click 'Support' down below, or send me feedback via Add-ons > Articul8 > Leave feedback. Find the add-on useful? I'd appreciate it if you'd take a minute to rate & leave a review!
🔑 Key features 🔑
- Add and edit complex math expressions using LaTeX in your Google Doc.
- Add auto-numbering to figures, tables and equations. Add links to all numbered items.
- Add nested header numbering.
- Export to TeX or Markdown. Your equations and cross-references are kept intact.
🐣 Release notes 🐣
v1.16 (September 14th, 2020) Added graphical editor mode for TeX equations (MathQuill); Added Tex in Doc Render and Derender buttons which render (or de-render) all $-wrapped TeX math in the Doc.
v1.14 (August 27th, 2020) Fixed problem with small inline equations appearing distoreted or above baseline; Added "compact" rendering option.
v1.13 (August 23rd, 2020) Export is back! Export documents to TeX or Markdown in a click.
v1.1.12 (August 1st, 2020) Added header numbering. Fixes: * Insert numbered item works when selection is last paragraph or table; * TeX equation tweaks: dialog height adjusts to content, remember equation when toggling dock, insert position fixed when text in document is selected.
v1.1.8 (July 19th, 2020) permissions have been completely revised and kept to a minimum. Installation problems should now be solved.
🔓 About permissions 🔓
I've spent some work making the latest versions require the least permissions they can while still keeping the functionality. Here's what you're allowing the add-on and how it uses it:
- View and manage documents that this application has been installed in: the add-on uses this permission in order to change the document's content, adding and automatic re-numbering of numbered equations, tables and figures, add/remove header numbering, add/modify TeX equations and export the document in TeX/Markdown format.
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications: the add-on uses this permission in order to display the TeX equation sidebar, as well as the Quick start guide and the Leave feedback form.