I just switched over from the Chrome extension a couple days ago (using a MacBook Pro 2018, High Sierra 10.13.6). It has been a pretty rough start with this new add on. Saving emails to Clio matters is a necessary part of data redundancy processes to ensure there is always a copy in two places (gmail and clio). Here are the issues I noticed with the new add on:
1) It took three days after installation before the add on appeared in the slide-out pane. A day later, the button disappeared. I discovered the button is present, but invisible. It reappears sometimes. When it's not showing, I have to hover my cursor a little above the "+" in the slide out pane until a shadow highlights the button.
2) Matters are slow to load after the matter is typed into the matter field.
3) On occasion an open matter will fail to show up in the matter field, even though it loads fine in the Chrome extension (which I left installed pending expiration). For those commenting on the inability to save to closed matters -- you can change this function in the settings.
4) Attachments do not get pushed over to Clio unless I select "view" to open a new pane and manually save each attachment individually.
5) After selecting a matter, it takes a few beats before I can actually select the emails to log to the matter.
6) The add on does not recognize a new email in a string until the screen is force refreshed.
7) The add on does not recognize emails previously logged through the chrome extension.
8) Despite the correct matter being auto populated in the matter field on an email string I have logged emails from before, when I hit the "log" link I get an error message that the add on does not recognize the matter. I then have to re-type the matter into the matter field and log the email.
8) It does not appear this add on has timer or task functionality. I didn't really use these before, but imagine some may have.
I have high hopes these bugs will get solved quickly.