Stop leaving your document to watch a video. DocuTube finds YouTube videos already linked in your document and displays them in a sidebar or popup player.
BRAND NEW VERSION!
v 1.0 DocuTube will handle search, embed, and watching videos all from your Google Doc!
Search: Find videos, playlists, or channels you want to link in your document.
- Search defaults to safe mode, so it's great for schools
- Searches are cached for faster retreival
- Video previews are available before you embed your video into the document.
Embed: When you find the video you want, link it straight into your document
- Copy the link to your clipboard
- Embed the video thumbnail and automatically link it to the video, playlist, or channel
- Insert custom text and automatically link to the video, playlist, or channel.
Watch: Play videos linked in the document in a sidebar so you don't have to leave your document
- All videos are loaded at the same time - comments included!
v0.7.1 DocuTube is now limited to the current document only. Permissions details are now posted at https://ohheybrian.com/privacy/docutube.html
v0.7 Select videos from the documents or comments. Toggle between each using the source select links in the popup and sidebar window.
v0.6 You can now watch videos in a sidebar rather than a popup. This allows you to work on your document while the video is playing.
See the addon in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIS4n7ivfBI
Google Docs do not allow you to embed videos. Rather than jumping in and out of your document each time you click a video link, DocuTube automatically creates an embedded YouTube video in a popup using the links already in the document.
It reads any type of YouTube link including links in images.
**Note that Google Drawings are not supported at this point due to limitations in Google's code.**