Stop leaving your document to watch a video. DocuTube finds YouTube videos already linked in your document and displays them in a sidebar or popup player.
BRAND NEW VERSION!
v 1.1 DocuTube will handle search, embed, and watching videos all from your Google Doc!
Search: Find videos, playlists, or channels you want to link in your document.
- Search defaults to safe mode, so it's great for schools
- Searches are cached for faster retreival
- Video previews are available before you embed your video into the document.
Embed: When you find the video you want, link it straight into your document
- Copy the link to your clipboard
- Embed the video thumbnail and automatically link it to the video, playlist, or channel
- Insert custom text and automatically link to the video, playlist, or channel.
Watch: Play videos linked in the document in a sidebar so you don't have to leave your document
- All videos are loaded at the same time - comments included!
v1.1 Fixed a bug where non-YouTube links would prevent videos from loading in the side bar.
v1.0 DocuTube search introduced. DocuTube will handle search, embed, and watching videos all from your Google Doc!
v0.7.1 DocuTube is now limited to the current document only. Permissions details are now posted at https://ohheybrian.com/privacy/docutube.html
v0.7 Select videos from the documents or comments. Toggle between each using the source select links in the popup and sidebar window.
v0.6 You can now watch videos in a sidebar rather than a popup. This allows you to work on your document while the video is playing.
See the addon in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIS4n7ivfBI
Google Docs do not allow you to embed videos. Rather than jumping in and out of your document each time you click a video link, DocuTube automatically creates an embedded YouTube video in a popup using the links already in the document.
It reads any type of YouTube link including links in images.
**Note that Google Drawings are not supported at this point due to limitations in Google's code.**