A User of Next Generation Label Printing System
September 17, 2015
Takes patients to learn to use but is very useful and professional as there are many users in industrial applications. There are many options that a Novice user may become frustrated. Here is what you can do to make use of this one of a kind tool to generate pages of labels easily from data in a spreadsheet. My advice to get started.
1. Open a Google Spreadsheet and label 4 columns with single simple words Number Color Name Object. insert data into the columns below the labels with about 5 rows of data.
2. Click on Add-Ons and select Next Generation Label Printing System
3. A Sidebar will open at the right.
4. Do not click any of the boxes or items within the sidebar accept Create
5. Click create and note that a new tab with a grey pop up will be selected. In the background you will see four boxes representing the columns of data. You may adjust the print out columns and rows by making it a 4 by 5 for a total of 20 labels on a page. Click Ok or what ever it is.
6. Right click on each label header to edit how it will look. A pop up window will allow you to select the the format, alignment, and data. In data you may select Dynamic ? then below there is an option to select the column it represents. This is already selected and a sample of the data in that box is listed. Just close or approve without editing.
7 Move around and resize the box like a normal graphics app allows.
8 Add your bar code and right click on the box and select edit. Select the barcode type to be QRM. Open Data, Select Dynamic ? and go to the arrow where a list of column headers are provided. Select the column header name associated with the QR code. Note a sample data will automatically be asigned. Close
Then when all is arranged click Run to see your output sample.
Click on the sample white sheet and select print. It should give you a choice of printers. If you select a printer icon it will either printer to a pdf as the default or the printer you had selected..
So, just repeat this simple example to get started and leave more time later to see how all the other features may be important or not to you.
The application does work. It took me five attempts in two weeks before I learned what I am sharing with you. It is a time saver in the end. Good Luck