Merge, save and share documents automatically without writing a line of code. Portant can data-merge from Sheets (Sheets merge) or schedule and source data from people via mobile-friendly forms.
Transform the complexity and monotony of a repetitive document into a well-oiled workflow, so you can free up time to work smarter, not harder.
Here’s everything Portant Data Merge does...
• Creates multiple documents from a google sheet (Sheets Merge)
• Watches a Google Sheet and creates a new document when the sheet is updated.
• Create a simple and mobile-friendly web form that automatically generates a document each time it’s completed and then saves it in your google drive.
• Optional automatic documents sharing with the person who completed the form.
• The Portant Data Merge can be scheduled to request people to provide the information they are responsible for. Each person is sent a Portant Data Collection Form with a bespoke list of questions tailored to them.
• Portant’s Reminder Engine nudges people to provide their data on time, so you no longer have to chase the same people for information week in, week out.
• The Data Mapping System directly places the information into the exact location you have specified, so you can take back control of what others do with your document format.
• Remove the mental burden of reminding people about the information you need on a repeated basis.
• Schedule information requests to be sent (by time, day, week, month or even year) to give you more time to focus on the important stuff.
• Transform the complexity and monotony of a status report into a well-oiled workflow, so you free up time to work smarter, not harder.
• Save time. Stop wasting your life on repetitive tasks today, and place your repetitive (and one-off) information requests on auto-pilot.
And that's not all…
We have big plans for Portant and a feature backlog that will enable you to create beautiful reports and documents with less effort. So if there is a feature that you would like to see, please let us know: email@example.com
How to start using Portant:
1. Install the add-on
2. Then open the add-on by selecting: Add-on > Data Sourcer > Start
3. Insert simple markers to indicate where you want each answer to be placed in the final document.
4. Instantly send requests to people to answer your form or schedule the request to be made in the future.
5. The status shows the respondents’ progress so you can see who you’re still waiting on answers from
There are many use cases...
• Project status reports, end of week summaries, executive reports, team check-ins, end of month team showcase which multiple people can input and create a document.
• Create quotes, invoices, contracts or onboarding documents which require one person or multiple inputs into a document.
• Replace your workflows built on external tools that place form answers into documents (forms into docs, forms to documents)
• Create multiple documents from a table of sheets data
• And many, many more!
Please let us know how you use Portant Data Sourcer.
Portant is a great solution if you’re looking for an alternative to your form to doc workflows built on top of Zapier, Workato, Integromat with enhanced scheduling and cadence features. You can even have multiple forms into docs.
Portant is a document merge, scheduling and workflow add-on available in the Google Workspace Marketplace. Other add-on’s such as Autocrat, PerformFlow, Dzocument Studio and Form Publisher wait for a form response and then create a document. Portant, chases the respondents to provide answers for your documents, so you can get back to doing the kind of work only humans can do.
Free to use