This add-on allows users of Problem-Attic to export questions to a Google Quiz Form. You'll not only save time, your questions will be beautifully formatted and ready to deliver to your students. Also, for multiple-choice and multi-select questions, you'll get automatic scoring with Google Classroom.
The add-on requires a school subscription to Problem-Attic. Export to Google Quiz Forms is one of the many program options that come with a subscription, along with additional content. For more information, please visit www.problem-attic.com and see the Plans menu.
Exporting questions to Google Quiz Forms is very easy. You start by creating a document in Problem-Attic. If you like, you can make a PDF version of it to review your questions. Then follow these steps:
1. Click the Export tab
2. Click the Google Quiz button
3. Click the link to install the Add-On (if you have not done so already).
4. Click Continue.
* If it's your first time, you'll be asked to accept the Terms.
* If you haven't done so already, you'll be asked to log in to Google.
5. In the dialog that comes up next, highlight and copy the document link.
6. Switch to Google Forms
7. Choose the Add-On for Problem-Attic Import.
8. Paste the link and click OK.
That's it! Questions should get imported in just a few seconds. Then your quiz is ready to use.
Here are are few technical notes and some limitations with the Google Quiz add-on.
1. There is a limit of 30 questions per exported document.
2. Each question is formatted as a single image, complete with multiple-choice or multi-select answers. This is a limitation with Google scripts; images can't be automatically brought in separately as choices.
3. Because questions are single images (and technically speaking, they're above the stem), scrambling must be turned off for the Quiz.
4. You are not allowed to share Quiz Forms that you make with Problem-Attic with anyone else, not even other teachers at your school. Instead, do the sharing with public links, as described here: www.problem-attic.com/docsharing.
5. Exported quizzes will be saved in your Google Drive, along with question images. If you allow others to access your Drive, be sure the quizzes and images are hidden or cannot be copied.
6. You are not allowed to use the add-on to create a separate database of questions. Problem-Attic's export options are for delivering questions to your students, not for storage, indexing, sorting, etc., in another system.
For further information about what you can and cannot do with Problem-Attic, please refer to the Terms of Service, which are here: www.problem-attic.com/terms.