Skolsynk for Google syncs schools, teachers, students, and student groups from Google Workspace to one or more educational service providers.
Skolsynk for Google configures how users and student groups are retrieved from Google Workspace. Then choose which schools are to be synced to which educational service providers.
● Secure - Only Google Workspace administrators can access Skolsynk.
● Provide providers support-access for configuration assistance.
● Your school units are automatically retrieved from Statistics Sweden's school unit register. If anything is missing, contact the support for each supplier.
● Flexible filtering tools handle many different forms and structures in Google Workspace.
● Student groups can be retrieved, based on Google Groups or organizational units.
● During the process, you can download CSV files to help you understand what your data looks like and what will be synced.
● Possible to sync to the service providers test environment first.
With Skolsynk for Google, school data from Google Workspace to service providers is synced in 5 easy steps
1❳ For each school unit, create a filter for which users belong to the school unit.
2❳ Create filters for which users are students and teachers respectively.
3❳ Create a filter for how groups are retrieved.
4❳ Select which school units are to be synchronized to which supplier.
5❳ Activate sync to service providers.
Always contact the service providers's support first to discuss e.g. personal data assistant agreement. If a sync is started without the supplier's knowledge, the school's operations can be negatively affected as it e.g. can create duplicate accounts for existing users if the email addresses do not match.