Send emails into Slack to discuss them with your teammates.
The Slack Add-On for Gmail helps you move conversations along by bringing context from an email into a Slack channel or direct message. You can add a message and include attachments along with the email as well.
When to send email into Slack:
- Email chain getting too noisy? Send it into Slack where you can discuss quickly and move forward.
- Have an idea you want to share with your team? Send it along to a relevant channel with a note about your insights.
- Need to coordinate a response to a customer question? Flag your teammates in Slack and use the email content to set context.
How the Add-On works:
- Start by installing the Slack for Gmail Add-On.
- Open any email and click on the Slack icon in the right-hand side of your inbox.
- Choose the channel or person you’d like to forward the email to inside of Slack.
- Add a message and include attachments if you’d like.
- Voilà! The email is forwarded into Slack where anyone in the channel or direct message you shared it to can see the email content and open attachments.
Slack is a collaboration hub for work, no matter what work you do. It’s a place where conversations happen, decisions are made, and information is always at your fingertips. With Slack, your team is better connected.