Split name in a cell into multiple cells and auto-detect its parts.
If you ever need to split first and last names to different columns, this add-on will become a great assistant. It distincts first, last, middle names and recognizes over 80 titles and 40 post-nominals. It doesn't matter how these parts are arranged – Split Names pulls correct units from any name combinations.
With names like "Dumbledore, Albus Percival, Prof." the standard "Split text to columns" Google feature won’t help much since it pulls out name units one by one by a delimiter. Our tool detects all parts at once and separates names to corresponding cells in a click.
The benefits of the tool are enjoyable:
• Splits full names in Google Sheets
• Tells the difference between first, last and middle names
• Recognizes over 80 titles and 40 post-nominals (Mr and Mrs, MD, Prince, etc.)
The utility will insert columns with name units next to the original one. You can keep your table structure by considering or ignoring headers.
Run this tool to divide multi-part names into separate columns they belong to: first, middle, and last names, titles and post-nominal letters. Splitting names in Google Sheets is that easy!
30 DAYS OF FREE USE
Fully functional 30-day trial period. All payments are secure and include an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you have any questions about the add-on, please post them here:
We'll be happy to assist!
Split Names is a proud member of the Ablebits product family. We build add-ons that help you make the most of Google Workspace. Visit our official website to learn more:
- Titles and suffixes detection. In many cases they can be recognized even if their position is uncommon.
- Added new medical suffixes.
- Some issues with suffixes.
- The add-on didn't recognize names in UPPERCASE
- Processing the whole column
- Minor bugs
- We introduced yearly subscriptions, you can still enjoy a fully-functional trial version of the add-on for 30 days.