A G Suite for Education account is a Google Account created and managed by a school for use by students and educators. When creating this account, the school may provide Google with certain personal information about its students and educators, including, for example, a user’s name, email address, and password. Google may also collect personal information directly from users of G Suite for Education accounts, such as telephone number or a profile photo added to the G Suite for Education account.
Google also collects information based on the use of our services. This includes:
- device information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number of the user;
- log information, including details of how a user used our service, device event information, and the user's Internet protocol (IP) address;
- location information, as determined by various technologies including IP address, GPS, and other sensors;
- unique application numbers, such as application version number; and
- cookies or similar technologies which are used to collect and store information about a browser or device, such as preferred language and other settings.
- In G Suite for Education Core Services
- The G Suite for Education Core Services (“Core Services”) are Gmail, Calendar, Classroom, Contacts, Drive, Docs, Forms, Groups, Sheets, Sites, Slides, Talk/Hangouts and Vault. These services are provided to a school under its G Suite for Education agreement and, as applicable, Data Processing Amendment. (Users and parents can ask their school if it has accepted the Data Processing Amendment.) The G Suite for Education agreement as amended applies to the G Suite for Education Core Services only.
- Google does not serve ads in the Core Services or use personal information collected in the Core Services for advertising purposes.
- In Google services generally
- For G Suite for Education users in primary and secondary (K-12) schools, Google does not use any user personal information (or any information associated with an G Suite for Education Account) to target ads, whether in Core Services or other Google services accessed while using an G Suite for Education account.
A school may allow students to access Google services such as Google Docs and Sites, which include features where users can share information with others or publicly. When users share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google. Our services provide users with various options for sharing and removing content.Information we share
Information we collect may be shared outside of Google in limited circumstances. We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With user consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google when we have user consent or parents’ consent (as applicable).
- With G Suite for Education administrators. G Suite for Education administrators have access to information stored in the Google Accounts of users in that school or domain.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personal information publicly and with our partners – like publishers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.Transparency and choice
The parents of G Suite for Education users in Primary/Secondary (K-12) schools can access their child’s personal information or request that it be deleted through the school administrator. School administrators can provide for parental access and deletion of personal information consistent with the functionality of our services. If a parent wishes to stop any further collection or use of the child's information, the parent can request that the administrator use the service controls available to them to limit the child’s access to features or services, or delete the child’s account entirely. Guidance for administrators on how to use service controls to accomplish this is available in the G Suite Help Center.Interpretation of conflicting terms
If you have questions about management of G Suite for Education accounts or use of personal information by a school, please contact the G Suite for Education account administrator. If you have questions about our practices, please visit the G Suite for Education Privacy Center. Also see our Privacy Troubleshooter for more questions about privacy and Google’s products and services. G Suite for Education administrators can contact Google about the information in this Notice by submitting the contact form while signed in to their administrator account.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA
Phone: +1 650-253-0000