Ahold goes Google: International food retailer moves 55,000 employees to Google Apps
“The new employees coming into our company expect more from technology. When we implemented Google Apps, they wondered why we didn't move to the platform sooner”
Ahold, an international food retailing group based in the Netherlands, that
operates leading supermarket companies in Europe and the United States, including
Albert Heijn, Albert / Hypernova, Stop & Shop, Giant Food and Giant Food Stores
has gone Google. Ahold has over 2,900 stores around the world with a local
presence in the communities they serve.
Ahold made the decision to move to Google Apps to provide its global workers with a single web-based platform for communication and collaboration, replacing Ahold’s existing email domains and systems in Europe and the US. Ahold chose Google Apps for its 25 GB of storage per account, integrated IM (Google Talk) and a series of additional features that facilitate communication, including video based communication tools, automatic translation and shared calendars.
The global deployment of Google Apps will bring a number of benefits to Ahold employees, among them:
- Consolidation and standardization to a single mail system and global address book
- Improved productivity through the use of efficient e-mail and instant messenger tools, as well as powerful personal and shared calendars
- Training support with new video based communication tools, including video IM
- Improved collaboration within and between operating companies and functions
- Improved international communication with features such as automatic Message Translate, allowing users to translate e-mails from and into different languages with one click of the mouse or real-time translation in Google Talk.